A group of Brits believed to be linked to the ‘unruly’ tourists wreaking havoc across New Zealand have arrived in Wellington.
The group were believed to have stayed the night at the Ibis hotel in the city on Sunday, and on Monday were seen trying to secure another night at Quest Hotel in the Wellington CBD.
They arrived in at least two
When confronted by Daily Mail Australia, one man stormed across the road and tried to snatch a camera out of a photographer’s hand.
‘What you taking photos of us for,’ he demanded.
He denied being part of the group, though the vehicles they arrived in were seen travelling through the Hamilton area with Joe Doran, known in New Zealand media as John Johnson, and his family, over multiple days earlier this month.
Well-placed sources told Daily Mail Australia they had travelled together for at least three days.
The man’s aggressive behaviour came just moments after the big group were denied their stay at popular hotel chain Quest.
The group reportedly booked rooms for six adults, yet arrived with four unexpected children in tow.
A woman working in the hotel said other guests, who